Sunday, May 10, 2015

Midwives

I am so thrilled with my decision to see a midwife for this pregnancy!  The experience is like a 180 from my last time. I leave my apts feeling so loved! 

The place I'm going has 4 midwives and you see them all throughout your pregnancy and then whoever is on call when you deliver is who you get. I was skeptical of this, since the last time I had the same dr I saw throughout my pregnancy, but so far I haven't met a midwife I haven't liked!  

For me the biggest difference is with my OB They came in, saw me for like 5 mins and then left. It was very quick and they didn't really try to get to me or make me feel comfortable. The midwives spend so much time getting to know you! I leave my visits feeling like I was talking with a friend for 40 minutes.  

I'm so excited for my birth (kinda) and  hopeful it will be a really great experience! 

No comments: