Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Anniversary time!

I was in 10th grade and I saw this new boy in school. He was tall and lanky with blonde hair and blue eyes. He played an instrument in band. I was pretty smitten. But too shy to do anything about it.  He went on to date a girl that was a year older than me and I remember always being a bit envious of them.  

Two years later this boy asks me out on a date. I had tickets to go see George strait. So I turned him down. Luckily he was persistent. Our first date was a disaster and I didn't speak to him for a few weeks. Then I saw him at an assembly looking all kinds of sad and I asked him if he wanted a fresh start and to get to know eachother slowly again. He invited me to ride on a Christmas float in a parade with him. We held hands and the rest is history. 

That was 12 years ago. 6 years ago to the same day we got married. 

Happy anniversary to my husband! 

No comments: