Thursday, November 20, 2014

Long Island Medium LIVE

I've posted before about my love for the Long Island Medium, Theresa Caputo and all that she does.  I know it is weird and foreign for some/most people to try to think about, but I really do feel like our loved ones spirits are still with and guiding us throughout life. Little things happen to me and I'm sure they do to you too and you think, I wonder if that was my grandma or my friend reaching out from up above and it is!  How comforting it is to know that they don't ever leave us behind and that they are always with us.  Also my family are crazy Italians originally from NY so of course Theresa reminds me of them which makes her even more awesome!

I was in a car accident 11 years ago ( in a month) and I don't really know how I walked away from that. My grandfather had passed about 4 years prior and the only thing I can think of is that he was protecting me and watching out for me. I rolled my car. Totalled it. And I didn't even have a scratch on me, not one. I definitely had a guardian angel that day and I know it was my grandpa. 

When we found out Theresa Caputa was coming to Albuquerque my good friend Dawn and I decided we would go. I'm not really sure we knew what to expect but it was awesome. It was like watching her show at home, except you couldn't ugly cry because you were sitting near strangers. 

I posted that we were going and had someone ask me if I wanted to connect with anyone. My initial thought was yes and no. I mean of course it would be so nice to get that reassurance that my grandparents are still with me, but I knew there would be people there that needed some closure a lot more than I did. And that was exactly the case. It seemed she channeled a lot of tragedies that night. Which I imagine are the people who need the most closure. Shootings, accidents, suicides... Things you don't understand entirely but try to and have to deal with here on earth with unanswered questions. 

When we got there we ended up in the elevator with this sweet older couple. We were both a little lost but together found our way. We chatted with them a bit and then parted ways. They just so happened to be sitting in the front row and ended up getting a reading from their son who had died tragically. We ran into them again on the way out and gave them hugs. The wife said it was meant to be that they came there that night. She told us about her son and how he was their only boy and they had two daughters. I can't imagine how they felt, but I bet they went to bed feeling a little more at peace that night.

My favorite reading was an older guy who didn't even know who Theresa was. Someone made him come there that night and she was able to connect with his departed wife. He shed some tears and it was very sweet.  And the last reading was the one that got me and I'm pretty sure everyone else crying a big ole ugly cry. Two little boys who had lost their mom.  The mom came through and Theresa talked to them about how they changed their rooms around and played instruments. It was very sweet and very touching, but also sad to see two little boys missing their mom so badly. I think it touched home to so many people everyone was crying. (Especially dawn and I who have little boys!)  Theresa invited them back stage afterwards because she is awesome! 

I hope someday to actually meet Theresa. I feel like I know her from watching her shows and relating to her because she reminds me of my own family from back east but she really is an incredible person. If you ever get the opportunity to see her live I highly recommend it!  

No comments: