Saturday, January 18, 2014

January Photoshoot

So it has been warm. Like crazy stupid warm. I want winter darn it! But anyway since it was 50 degrees today we went and played outside. One thing I decided I wanted to do this year is learn my camera a bit better. I've had what I refer to as my "fancy" camera for 3 years. And I've mostly shot in auto. Sad but true. There are some instances where the camera isn't happy in auto. For example, snow, darkness and I also like to shoot sun beams in my scenery shots and it really doesn't like that. SO.. I've had to dabble in manual mode. I decided this year I will really try to learn more about manual mode.  Today was day one.  While Colin was playing I ran around taking pictures of my favorite subject. Changing settings when he went from the shade to the sunlight. I shot for an entire hour in manual mode. Winning. I know I have a long way to go and I in no means intend to be a professional... I just really want to learn my camera better and be able to take nice pictures even when it is snowing/sunny or dark out, especially for my job at the newspaper. :)
















No comments: