Saturday, January 11, 2014

Colin Ryan, 26 Months, Singing and Sentences

I've noticed a very significant change in my little boy. He is growing up. It seemed like just in the past month or two he has grown up before my eyes. He is talking so much more which I think plays a bit part of his growing up.

New things Colin does:

SINGING!  All of a sudden Colin LOVES to sing. First he was just singing gibberish and now he is really trying to sing actual songs. His favorites are Wheels on the bus and Row Row Row your boat. He was playing with his legos tonight singing, "Wheels Round and Round All Through Town. Daddy I Love you, Mommy Shhh, Baby Waa waa All through Town" So cool to see him sing. He also loves to pretend to play the guitar while he sings and has his own song... he sings "All the Why" over and over in different tones.

We go to the Childrens Museum and a Music Class weekly and he is finally participating more! He would get distracted at the museum and want to go play as opposed to participating, but the past few weeks not only has he participated, but he sings and laughs at the books and songs, which is totally cute.  He also used to cry at his music class when we did the parachute (Don't ask me why... parachutes are soo cool, even I love it) and he would be super shy and not talk at all, but it seems like as soon as he turned two that changed. He now plays and sings there too.

For the longest time the ONLY number Colin knew was 3. He'd hold up 1 finger and say he was 3 . All of his cars and trucks and he would tell me, 3 trucks! I've counted things millions of times and it has always been 3. Then one day... he got the number 2! So we've added another number to his repertoire and it just so happens to be how old he is. And he can now hold up 2 fingers when he says 2. I feel like this isn't that exciting because I've seen kids his age count very high... but for us... it is because he has always only said 3!

He also also learned some new letters. He used to only say, O and I.  In fact he calls pens or pencils  O,Is. Don't ask me...  But he just learned some new letters. D, M, B, P and W. He can even pick out O, I, M and B from a lineup. And when he sings his A, B, Cs...another favorite... he will say all the letters he knows... D, O,I, M, B,P, W.... me!!

He also learned some new colors. For the longest time only said Purple... quite possibly one of the hardest ones to say... but that was his color. He can now say, Blue, Brown and Yellow. I about fell over the other day when he picked up a ball at this bounce place and told me it was a Yellow ball!

He says 3-4 word sentences at the very least and sometimes more. Mommy Help with the ____ is something I hear a lot.

Everyday he says new words. "Mommy, sky" as he points up at the park the other day. Sky was a new word. Up High or Jump High are new things he's been saying and instead of No he now says No way! Ha ha! Colin put your toys away... No Way Mommy! Yeah.. fun! Ha ha!

This kid is my world and I'm so lucky to be his mommy. He keeps me on my toes that is for sure.  I don't know what life was like before him! Can't wait for this next year and all the new and fun things he will learn. Think I will try for a photo shoot with him soon!

No comments: