Sunday, September 8, 2013

Randoms

1.) My hubby has been working 20 days straight. Yup. 20 days. All I can say at this point is we are soo ready for this project to be finished so we can have him  for the weekends and normal hours in the evenings! You don't realize how much you look forward to your spouse coming home for the day or for your weekends with them until they get taken away!! 

2.) my kid turned 22 months. 2 months and I will have a 2 year old! Oh my! He is talking up a storm and it is really fun watching his vocabulary just explode! His new words for the week: Shirt (which sounds a lot like something else), wheels,  oh my, toe and shoes

3.) Football season is here!  We love us some football in this house! Last year I did my first fantasy football league... Filled with boys and I beat them all!! This year I am in 2 leagues although my teams aren't the best. I made football foods for our draft weekend a few weeks ago complete with chocolate covered strawberries made to look like footballs! They were adorable and delicious! 

4.) kale. Yup kale. I've just recently discovered kale. Late train, I know.  I didnt realize how incredibly healthy it was for you. I bought a bag and had some with my spinach salad. Then I realized the bag expired soon. So I looked up recipes to use my giant bag. Then came kale chips and smoothies. The kale chips are ok, I will try them one more time. They were a bit bitter for my taste. But I found a delish smoothie recipe that I could eat everyday that is a keeper!


No comments: