Monday, September 9, 2013

Feeling like a grandma

Warning: whoa is me post...

So I've had bad neck and back problems ever since I was in a car accident my freshman year in college. It sucks, but for the most part I have had it under control.

Then I had my son and between carrying him on my hip, sleeping on a twin bed with him, nursing and everything else that one does when you have a kid thst isn't always the best for the body I've been not so great.  Lately my hips have been terrible. Which stems from putting a kid on my hip. Literally I get spasms, they hurt when I walk, run or move.

I was running on a regular basis and the past few weeks I just haven't because my hips have been bad. Our new insurance doesn't cover chiropractor so I go, but pay out if pocket, so I try to limit my visits... When in reality I could probably go every week. 

Anyway sometimes I feel like it is depressing being in pain when I'm not even 30. What the heck is 60 or even 80 is going to look like?? Will I be a cripple? 

Anyway I've been bummed out this week because I gained a few pounds (need to throw my scale away!) and yet I feel like I can't run because I'm in pain. Then I eat because I'm sad then I gain more weight. Viscous cycle I tell ya!! I've tried to snap out of it and I've gone on a nice 2 mile walk for the past 3 days. What makes it worse is that my hubby has been working like a maniac. Everyday he's supposed to be finished with his project. So I make dinner and sit and wait for him. The past 2 nights he's come home at 10 or 11. So I pace the house and eat. Tonight I made a ginormous kale smoothie to occupy my time and then Colin and I drank a bit of it instead of all the candy I wanted to eat! Lol  

Hopefully with my husbands project done  tonight and our family life back to normal I will feel more normal too. We all have our down weeks and this one is mine! 

I feel so much better when I exercise, even if it I just walking. I need to make sure to keep at it even if I don't feel like it or feel in pain! 

No comments: