Monday, September 9, 2013

Done with the crib?

We might be done with the crib. We were doing well with it before we went to visit my folks. While we were there Colin shared a bed with me because all they have is a pack n play and he can climb out. 

When we returned home he did not want to sleep in his crib in fact he has only slept one glorious night in his crib and it was 8 hours!!! Now you put him in the crib and he says Bed bed bed and points to the spare bed in his room. The problem is he wants me to lay with him, as opposed to him just falling asleep by himself in his crib. I try to sneak away which doesn't always work and I usually end up spending half the night with him on the spare bed. Which by the way is a twin and not all that comfy. 

Anyway I am thinking as soon as my hubby has a day off we may convert the crib to a toddler bed and see if he decided he likes it again. Ryan thinks it is silly because then he will have 2 beds. But what the heck, right? 

Occasionally he will request the crib like in the middle of the night. He usually doesn't stay in it long, but it kind of relaxes him if he is upset.

Oh and in case you are wondering why we don't just force the crib, he can climb out in like 2.5 seconds. And did it like 20 times the other night. 

No comments: