Sunday, September 15, 2013

Pagosa Springs aka my new favorite getaway!

We just returned from Pagosa and I must say it is one of my new favorite places to visit! 

It was a risky trip for us because it had been raining all week and the forecast showed 50-60% chance of rain all weekend. We decided to chance it and we went anyway. Thank goodness, because it was beautiful! 

We met my brother in law there Friday afternoon and it was sunny and 65 degrees! We hurried up the mountain to get a camping spot before the rain hit and it didnt start raining until 1 am!!! We lucked out for sure with that! We also lucked out with camping spots. I had called ahead and heard it would be very busy and camping spots would be hard to come by. I guess the weather scared everyone away because there were spots everywhere! We got a nice spot by the river. I love camping near the river because is drowns out any other creepy sounds that might freak me out! Ha! Between the river and the rain I didn't hear a thing!

The first morning we woke up and it was still raining so we decided to head into town. We tried out the hot springs there and boy was that a treasure! It was a gloomy day about 60 degrees and we got to hang out in 90-100 degree hot springs overlooking the raging San Juan river! It was so relaxing.  I can't wait to go back there. We are thinking maybe this winter when it is cold outside! When we got there we basically had the place to ourselves but as it warmed up it started to fill up with people. I wonder how busy it gets during ski season??

Anyway we had a nice lunch in town and then headed back up the mt for nap time. We did some exploring after our nap and saw lots of deer and hiked to a really neat water fall! It was beautiful! 

It rained again the last night we were there and while the boys were loading up the camper I took Colin and the dogs down to play in the river. 

We had a wonderful trip and a great visit with my brother-in-law and his pooch! 

My happy camper



Rainy day!

Walking through the mother hot spring





My boys

Deer

Throwing rocks in the fall

My handsome and single brother in law!! ;)

Hiking with daddy 

 Bailey and Colin, my kids








No comments: