Wednesday, August 7, 2013

21 months...

Does this mean I'm going to have 2 year old soon? Yikes! Guess I should start party planning ;)


My Colin is quite the character.  He is talking up a storm. Loves the outdoors, trucks, the iPad and Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood.

He learns new words everyday. Today's words were, NOOOooo, Nana, and Boo and Berry!!  Boo is what I feel about the No word! Lol.  Other more recent words are: dirt, stick, baby, water, please, eat eat, more and beep beep. There are soo many more that aren't new, but needless to say I'm glad his vocabulary is really picking up.   My favorite word is definitely Please, pronounced PEEEeee. I love it! :)  I'm not liking this new No word. He says it with so much force! Ha!

He is a big ham. I'm afraid he maybe a class clown someday. He loves doing silly things and waiting for a reaction from people. He is also a huge dare devil. He loves climbing and standing on anything unstable. AKA giving me a heart attack! He also enjoys wrestling. If you are on the floor he will be on top of you in a matter of seconds. He loves rolling around the floor with you and I love attacking him with tickles when he comes after me! Ha!

He really likes kids, especially ones that are a few years older than him. I think maybe because they talk to him while they play. We have had some really fun experiences at the children's museum with kids that are around 3 and 4 and they would just play and play together. It is fun to watch him finally play with other kids and socialize. He also has become very fond of babies and wants to say Hi and kiss them! :)

He just started watching more TV and is in love with Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood. He watches it on the iPad and I've recorded a few episodes of it on TV for him, but he gets disappointed that there are some commercials! Ha! It comes in handy when I want to wash dishes or take a shower. I try to make sure he is distracted with Daniel Tiger and I'm good for a few minutes at least! Until he notices I'm gone!

He is still very clingy, but seems to be easing up a bit. I was able to kayak away from him with Daddy watching him on the lake shore this weekend without him even crying. And when Ryan's sisters were here they babysat while we went on a date and he didn't cry either! But heaven forbid I walk out of his sight in the house!! Lol

Stats:
I think we are going through a growth spurt judging by how much he's eaten the past few days. I weighed him yesterday and it looks like he gained a pound and is 23! Not sure about the height, but I swear some days we wakes up and looks taller! His legs are finally growing into his torso! Lol
 Size 4 diapers
 Still in 18 month clothes, BUT the one pieces are getting small ad I just tried a 24 month one piece and it totally fit!
Sleep is getting better... with the exception of this week. We had two 7 hour stretches and one 9 hour in the past few weeks!! But this week has been terrible. I'm thinking either growth spurt or teething... or both!
Still Nursing. I'm guessing about 4 times in a day.

Favorites:
Food - Berries, Yogurt, Cheese, Almonds, Cookies, Ice Cream and Anything he can dip a chip into
Places - Childrens Museum, Any playground and the Froyo place. He screams with joy when he sees where we are.
Activities - Playing Trucks, Running around outside, climbing anything, playing with the iPad, dancing







No comments: