Monday, August 12, 2013

6 months at home


6 months as a SAHM. 
Wow that went fast. 

When I was thinking about this decision I was on the fence. I worried about not meeting people, loosing myself and my career. 

Today, 6 months later none of that matters.

I feel like a different person. I'm more confident in who I am today than I was back then. I have amazing friends, not all of them live near me, but they are always there for me. I have an awesome freelance gig. I feel like I haven't lost all my skills and I'm glad I'm still writing because if I did decide to jump back on the work train I'd feel confident in my abilities. However I don't see that happening for awhile! 

I must admit I was scared. Working is all I've know for a very long time. I love people and socializing and feeling confident and accomplished. Somehow I've still been able to feel satisfied with all that over these past few months. 

The last time I was unemployed was a low time for me. We had lived in Grants 6 months. I had more enemies than friends and I was super depressed. I lived in my pajamas and watched tv all day. It was sad. I got a job and met people and things turned around, but I was determined this move wouldn't do that to me. 

I've taken a shower every day. ( a big task when you have a child lol ). I've dressed nice every day and put on makeup. Yup, i was determined to still feel like me.., although i don't wear near as much makeup! There are very few days we spend the entire day at home. We go to the park, shopping, museum, play dates or even just out for an ice cream date, just the two of us. I exercise more and I eat better. We play games, make things up or just spray each other with the garden hose. 

It is perfect. I've lost weight. I feel healthier. Together we eat fruits, veggies and have homemade meals every day. Things I didn't have as much time to do while working. My house is clean because I don't try to do it all on the weekends. And I have so much less stress.

6 months later I am definitely at peace with this decision. I left one job for the best job I could have ever imagined, being a mommy and a wife and I have no regrets.


:) 


3 comments:

Christene @ MommaBird said...

I'm coming up on a year of being a SAHM and I had the same fears as you - but now realizing that it's been a year it has been amazing being at home with my guy and I wouldn't change a thing

Marcie Chavez said...

So happy for you guys! Being a sahm is the best!

Annie said...

Love this and all the above blogposts that I got to read just now while nursing! It's bath time now, but I will return to your blog soon!