Monday, July 1, 2013

Love

The love I have for my child amazes me everyday. 

We've had a rough several weeks having 2 funerals in 2 weeks. The first being Ryan's great grandma and the second being Ryan's college roommate. 

Ryan's great grandma's funeral was sad, but she lived a very long and fruitful life. Ryan's college roommate was another story.

Seeing a family lose their son at a young age was incredibly hard. Perhaps even harder was watching a mother mourn her child. Parents aren't supposed to lose their children. That just isn't how it is supposed to work, but sometimes life isn't fair. 

But it definitely puts things into perspective. I was thinking on our drive home that I am not even sure I knew what love is or how much I could love someone until I had a child. Sure I loved my family and I loved my husband, but I'm not sure that love quite compares to the love I have for Colin!

He is a part of me. A peice of me. 
Not only that, but my heart explodes with joy when I see him learn, love and laugh. 
He is my world and I never knew this world existed before him.  

The past few weeks made me squeeze my loved ones a little tighter. Life is too short and you will never know when your time is up. I am soo incredibly happy that I get to stay home with Colin right now and watch him learn and grow everyday. These are years I will never get back and I treasure every moment! I am so lucky that this is my reality and my life. I feel more blessed than I could ever imagine. 

I've changed more in the past 2 years than I have in the 28 Ive been alive and I owe it all to motherhood. It has taught me more than I can put into words, but the most important thing is selfless, unconditional, crazy LOVE.

So soak it all up, every single minute of it because life is short and comes at you fast!

No comments: