Sunday, June 23, 2013

Weekend!

This weekend I convinced my hubby to take me out hiking! I can't even tell you how much I miss hiking! I went maybe several times a month for work in my old job, some months more than others and I've only gone once since January! Sad!

So when my hubby asked what I wanted to do this weekend, I quickly piped in, hiking! We went up to an area in Colorado I've been wanting to explore for a few weeks. It was north of Durango a bit and a few rough miles on a dirt road. The trail head was at this cute little pond filled with lily pads and beaver dams. Not something you see in New Mexico! The trail was about 2 1/2 miles round trip and the mid point was a beautiful lake! Spud lake is what it is called. Now I am not a big fan of lakes.. They are usually deep and dark and creepy. I'm always afraid there is some monster that is going to eat me underneath that dark water.... But this lake was different. Maybe cause we hiked uphill it was that much more rewarding and a refreshing sight, but the water was soo clear! If I had brought a bathing suit I probably would have swam in it!

It was a neat little adventure and I will definitely go back! I can't wait to explore more of Colorado! Also, we need to invest in a backpack to carry Colin in! It probably took us triple the time because Colin wanted to hike, which is fine, but he is a dangerous hiker and doesn't always stay on the trail. So I was constantly hovering him as he tried to climb big rocks and sticks... Doing everything the hard way! I love that he is a little adventurer, but if we plan to go out hiking often, we need a backpack! Here are some pictures!













No comments: