Sunday, June 23, 2013

The lessons we learn in church...

Going to church with a toddler is always an adventure. ( No, my church doesn't have a nursery or anything of the sort)

Anywho, I come to church every week armed... Armed with: Sippy cup, snacks...several, in case one isn't what said toddler wanted, books... Lots of books and toy cars that can be driven all over the pew and kneeler with minimal noise.

Colin *usually* does ok in church. He gets a little antsy, but we manage to make it through every week with little chaos. He is loves when it is time to shake people's hands and has started folding his hands to pray which is very cute... But occasionally something out of the ordinary happens and today was one of those days.

We got to church a few minutes late and my husband spotted some seats near the front (where we never usually sit... Don't judge it is easier to leave with a fussy kid when you are in the back!) and we quietly made our way to the seats. We were doing pretty well... Then... Right before communion... Everyone was quietly praying and the deacon was kneeling at the front of the aisle. Colin drops his jeep car and not only does it fall, but it rolls... 5 rows.... and right through the middle of the aisle... Only stopping a few inches from the deacons foot. My heart starts racing and I go in panic mode! I was going to just wait until we were done praying and then go grab it, but then I realized the deacon could easily step backwards on it and fall... And I did not want to be responsible for that! My husband encouraged me that while everyone was praying would be the perfect time to go snatch it! So I did! Judging by the dirty looks I got from some of the older ladies, it may not have been the best time. And yes, people watched it all go down and we had a few chuckles!

Moral of the story... Only vehicles with 3 tires are allowed in church from now on! And Jesus is The Lord! Yeah, we still managed to get a little out of mass! I thank The Lord everyday for blessing me with this angel who makes our, days, nights and especially church much more interesting!

No comments: