Sunday, April 28, 2013

Scaling back

I've decided to take a break from the scale. I've become addicted to weighing myself every. Single. Day. I know this isn't healthy. After I had Colin I enjoyed watching the weight fall off. I would exercise and the next day I would weigh a pound or two less, it was amazing. Now I am expecting the same results and it is not happening. I get on the scale and get frustrated and depressed. Soo.. I am going to hide the scale for a week or two. If it isn't out I won't be as tempted to use it.

I am stuck with my weight. Although I like that weight, I'd like to be a few pounds less. I bought a jogging stroller and have used it everyday since I've had it. I can feel myself getting stronger and am able to run much longer than when i started. I am counting my calories and have been doing really well. But I love sweets which I guess is my vice and I don't plan on kicking it! Lol I'd rather be fat and happy than deprived of sweets! I think moderation is key and you can't deprive yourself entirely of things you love or you will over indulge. So I don't! I'm not saying I eat tons of sweets, cause really I don't. I eat pretty dang healthy, lots of fruits and veggies. But it i have a hankering for a cookie, I'm gonna eat one!

Who knows if I will ever lose those last pounds I'd like, but at least I won't be making myself sick on the scale every morning. Plus I know with regular exercise and eating well I will be healthier, regardless of what the scale says.

No comments: