Saturday, April 27, 2013

Busy Beavers

I planted a garden a few weeks ago. I just started with a few seed packets to see how thy would grow because i had no clue how our soil is here in our new place.... And I've never grown a garden before.

My parents have a huge garden... I mean you could live off of it... Big! So I grew up picking fresh veggies and fruit and munching them right off the plants! I wish the same for Colin. It is special to watch things grow and be able to learn about that process. Plus it takes kids outside, while so many are stuck inside in front of a screen these days.

Anyway, my little seedlings came up beautifully... Soo I decide I would go all out! I bought more seeds and a bunch of plants and spent most of today outside planting. Ryan has been working like crazy, but was able to put up a little fence up around most of the garden last night, to prevent it from being trampled by the dog and toddler.

While I planted and dug holes my Colin played with his best buddy, our dog and when it got hot out and it was time to water everything I planted I let him play with the water too! Enjoy our pictures!

Also... I should have worn sunscreen... Don't worry my kid was protected. It was like 60 out so I had him in light pants and a long sleeve, me? Well, I had just run and was hot... So I did most of the digging with just shorts and a sports bra. (Don't worry neighbors can't see me!) bad idea. My back is very super red!











No comments: