Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Who Am I?

So after my doctors appointment I talked it over with Ryan. He agreed that I needed more ME time. He said I needed to do more things for me and fun stuff that I did before the baby.

The problem.... I don't know who I was before the baby.

I know that sounds horrible, but it is true. I eat, sleep and breathe Colin. Everything I do, I do for him. I feel bad having people watch him so I can do stuff. And I can't even remember what life was like before him.

I sat there and tried to think of things I did for fun before the baby and I couldn't think of anything. Was I THAT boring? Lol.  On my days off I watched trashy tv and cleaned the house and then I worked and went to zumba a few times a week. I did coach soccer, but there is no way I want to take that up right now because it is a lot of time and energy that I don't have.

The only thing I can think that I did before that I don't do now is lunch. I used to go to lunch with my friends about once a week. It was a nice girl chat session. Now that I have the baby, I go feed him during my lunch breaks instead.

I know I am Colin's mommy, but I guess I need to figure out who Colin's mommy is.

I did tell Ryan I enjoy going to Zumba. Hopefully I can figure out how to do that without a babysitter... they are starting up 4:15 classes and I was thinking of bringing the baby with me on Mondays and Tuesdays and just keeping him in his stroller... He loves his stroller and I think he will be pretty entertained watching crazy ladies jump around! Lol  And I am going to schedule a hair cut... haven't had one in awhile and I will go during work so I don't have to bring the baby with me.  And maybe I will skip a few lunch feedings so I can hang out with my friends again.

1 comment:

Dawn said...

I think lunch will do you good. Hugs... it gets better. Love you hooker.