Thursday, August 16, 2012

Night 3 of CIO

Night 3 of CIO should be called Nurse him out.... because that is what I did.

He usually always goes to bed easy... but last night he must have known that if he fell asleep in that crib, he was stuck there the whole night, so it was a bit of a battle. After about an hour or so though, I got him down... by nursing. 

He actually slept 4 hours, which for him is pretty fantastic. When he woke up, I let him cry for several minutes, to see if he'd go back to sleep on his own. When I was pretty certain the wailing wasn't going to end any time soon, I went in and nursed him. I figured he'd slept 4 hours, might as well. He nursed right back to sleep and went right back in his crib and slept another 2 hours.  The next time he woke up, I didn't want to nurse him, because... he just ate 2 hours ago.

I went in, laid him back down patted him and then left several times. I think Ryan went in several times as well.  The last time I went in, I noticed he was doing something with his hand (I don't think I was wearing my glasses.) I looked closer and poor kid was making the sign for milk.  How could I deny him of this? How smart that he knew that if he did it, he would get milk. Lol. If I denied it, maybe he wouldn't ever do it again! Lol  So of course, I gave in and let him have milk.  He nursed, went back into the crib and fussed for a minute or two and then went right to sleep... until I had to wake him up again at 7:30.

So... I guess it was a successful night. We nursed 2 times which is better than 6 and got a fair amount of sleep and in 3 nights he hasn't been in our bed.

No comments: