Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Give a little and then take it all back!

I was feeling very optimistic this week that we were starting to sleep a bit better. He had a few nights with some good long stretches and I was like, YES!  Then... NO SLEEP.  Sigh.

Last night and the night before were pretty terrible. The night before last he was up every 15 -30 minutes. I am NOT joking. I thought it must be teething. Even though I gave him teething meds.  So last night I gave him Tylenol before bed and we were both super tired from the night before so I had really high hopes that he would sleep. Nope. He was up every hour. Which I suppose is better than every 15 -30 minutes... but still... that SUCKS.

Ok, enough bitchin'. I am just tired and would give anything for some darn sleep!  I promise to have a happier blog later! :)


Anyway, new plan is to keep him in the crib until midnight. I know that doesn't sound like very late, but lately I've been so tired that when he wakes up and cries, no matter the time I just bring him to bed. Obviously that isn't working since we were up all night the past 2 nights. So, if he wakes up before midnight... which he most likely will. I will try the crib all over again. My goal is to do this for a week or two and then change my time to 1 or 2 and change it later and later. Now if I can just stick to it and not bring him to bed out of exhaustion, this might work!

*****UPDATE****

Colin just cut 2 teeth today! No wonder he didn't sleep last night, poor buddy was hurting!

No comments: