Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Healthy weights

Well I was half wondering if my weight from the flu was just a fluke and that I'd probably be going back up the scale after I recovered from the flu. But... miraculously it was not a fluke. I've been staying in the 143 and 144 range for 2 weeks now!  HOWEVER, I'd like to see the 130s again. Before I went off birth control I was 135 and I gained 13 pounds after I went off. I was soo mad. I thought you were supposed to lose weight when you went off birth control and here I was gaining it! Soo lame.

So I am going to attempt to lose more weight. I know I really need to exercise, but I do not know how women who work full time, have children, a house to maintain and dinner to cook every night have time to exercise. I just do not have the energy to do everything. I wish I did. (maybe if my kid slept more? Lol) If you know the secret, then let me know! Ha!

But really after a work day (especially one when Colin is at the sitter) all I want to do is spend time with him and now that it is warming up here, we've been going on walks. I walk a mile with him during my lunch breaks at work and then come home and we go for another walk, this time walking the dog. Even if it isn't hardcore exercise... it is still better than nothing and Colin really enjoys them.

I've also been really trying to eat well, especially since my high blood pressure issue. (The dr. forgot to take it at Colin's apt. on Monday and I didn't remind her.... shame shame, I know.) I've cut back on red meats, sodium and sweets and pumped up my intake of veggies (yuck) and fruits.

Even if I don't lose anymore weight, walking a bunch and eating healthier is already making me feel better and in the end that is really all that matters!

No comments: