Sunday, March 18, 2012

Weekend Getaway

This weekend we went to the "big city" for a friend's wedding. Because I have barely any leave I had to work that morning and then go home, load the car and drive to Albuquerque. When we went to check into the hotel, we had an hour to get ready and they told us our rooms wouldn't be ready for an hour.... ummm... freak out! Luckily the girl was nice and after I explained that I had a wedding I had to go to in an hour, she had the housekeeping do our room first and so we could get ready.  My parents also met us there so they could babysit for us and were also staying in the same hotel, so we all temporarily shared a room until they had cleaned another one. Needless to say I didn't have much time to get ready and my hair looked like poo.

I was also really excited because online the hotel's website said they had a heated indoor pool. I got Colin some swimmers and was SOO excited to take him swimming. Well, we woke up early this morning and headed to the pool and it was a total bust. The "heated indoor pool" was frigid and full of kids playing like football or some crap and the second I got in I got smacked in the face with their ball! Lol Hey, I'll take a hit any day to protect my kid, who was like 5 inches away from my face. We quickly got out of the pool and left. 

After that we made a trip to Babies R Us and boy did Colin get spoiled. My mom and I are terrible when it comes to shopping and we went a little overboard... I at least was shopping on the sale racks... my mom wasn't. Needless to say, Colin came home with lots of Grandma outfits (you know the ones that say, grandma loves me and off to grandma's house, etc. Lol) and soccer outfits... because his mom is obsessive. I also wanted to check out the Sophie Giraffe teething toy. When I told my mom about them and we read about them in the store, she fell in love and Colin came home with not one, but TWO Sophie teething toys. Can you say spoiled?

And now for pictures!!

The beautiful bride and her daddy

Just married!

Isn't she absolutely adorable?

We ran to the hotel to feed the baby and I wanted a family photo... the husband wasn't very excited about this.. lol



I look like poo, but my only photo of me and Traci... by now I can tell that I worked all morning and didn't have much time to do my hair! Lol

Colin at the swimming pool... I'm pretty sure most of those wet spots are drool.  

Mean muggin' those kids who hit mommy with a ball! Lol

Playing with his sophie toys


Daddy is soo funny!

Mom's pretty cool too! Lol

No comments: