Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Bassinet Fail

So I am not the biggest fan of cosleeping, but during some desperate times of sleep deprivation I gave in and it actually worked, so we kind of stuck with it. Colin sleeps fairly well, I do not. I am paranoid about him suffocating plus Ryan is a very heavy sleeper and I am scared he will roll onto him  or roll and cover his mouth or something, so I hold onto Colin so I know for sure that Ryan won't smother him or he won't roll off the bed! Which means my arms fall asleep, I can't get comfy and I can't sleep well most nights. 

He seems to sleep pretty soundly during his first couple stretches of sleep so I thought maybe I'd wait until he fell asleep and then put him in his bassinet, which is still sitting right next to the bed. The past 2 nights I gave it a shot. Night before last, Ryan thought it was hilarious. Colin was passed out in bed, I picked him up very carefully and put him in his bassinet. The second I put him down his eyes popped open and he started smiling. I  brought him back to bed and his eyes close and he is asleep. Again, I go back to the bassinet and he did the same thing! Eyes pop open and he starts smiling! Lol. Back to our bed and he closes his eyes and goes to sleep!  I think I've created a monster!

I tried again last night because I knew he was REALLY tired from our first day of work.  He actually lasted about 45 minutes in the bassinet before he woke up. I brought him to bed, cause I was super tired and he slept 5 hours.... so.... yeah.  45 mins vs. 5 hrs. Hmm... no wonder we cosleep! lol

He seems to like his crib better than his bassinet so I'm hoping he will sleep better in that... but I am just too lazy to get up and go all the way to the nursery every 2-3 hours (or less) at night to feed him. I keep hoping that once he starts sleeping longer is when I can try it.

Oh well, I guess if he sleeps with us til he is 5 I will get used to cosleeping and learn to sleep better! Lol

No comments: