Friday, February 3, 2012

Babysitter

I've been pretty nervous about dropping Colin off next week at the babysitters. Even if it is just for one day a week right now that is still scary for me. I've never left Colin for more than an hour so I imagine I'm going to have some separation anxiety! Lol

To help ease into it, I asked if I could brig Colin over to meet her before his first day there. We went over last night. I brought milk, diapers and wipes over too.

Let's just say I was really impressed! I feel like she really knows what she's doing. As soon as I walked in, she immediately took him out of his car seat and held him and talked to him. I think  he was like, whoa lady, who are you and what are you doing. He had this concerned look on his face and I thought he was going to cry. But he didn't.

I had made her a list of things he likes, his general schedule, feeding and sleeping habits and our contact numbers. She really liked that, especially the things he likes. She got all excited and read my entire list. She also told me to bring a t-shirt that smells like me because she'd like to use it when she feeds him and puts him to sleep. That might have been where I was kind of sold.

She said she wants me to call her throughout the day and check on him and she would give me a report on how he was doing, how much he ate and has gotten changed and what they've done. She said she likes when parents check on their kids. She also said to stop by whenever I wanted to if I miss him and I could come during my lunch break to visit and feed him. That might have been where I was kind of sold too.

But the part where I was REALLY sold on her was when after almost an hour of holding and talking to Colin she turned him around to look at her and he smiled and laughed at her. Yup. That's what did it.

He just started laughing this week. Mostly when he gets tickled, but he's laughed at me like maybe 2 times. For him to laugh at her... I figured he must like her.  I told her we needed to go home and go to bed and we packed up. We will be back on Tuesday, for his first day at the sitters!

All of this excitement must have tuckered him out (he's bee sleeping really well since I went to work, thank goodness), but last night he had 2 four hour stretches of sleep. Wonderful! :)

2 more days of work and then my weekend!!! Colin gets to spend Saturday with Daddy! I'm excited for them and hoping he will do well at taking a bottle! EEeek. Wish them luck!

No comments: