Friday, January 13, 2012

Baptism

Colin is getting baptised on Saturday, January 28 in our hometown. I am really excited about it. Mostly I am excited  to share with Colin the fact that we will both have been baptised in the same church and to share with him my religion. I've recieved all of sacraments in San Miguel Parish and that is where Ryan and I got married. To me, it only made sense that we bring Colin back there to get baptised.

 Granted we have a church here in Grants, but it is different.  I just still don't feel like home in the church here. In fact last time we went the priest asked us if we were visiting... umm... no, we've lived here for almost 4 years and have gone to church almost every Sunday since we moved here... nope not visitors at all. Sigh... that is why I want to bring my baby to our hometown to baptise him. The priest there knows us by name, helped us prepare for our marriage and said a prayer for us when he found out we were pregnant.

Another cool aspect of his baptism is that he will be wearing the outfit that both his Daddy and Grandpa got christened in.

The other day I was starting to say that the baptism wasn't a big deal... then I caught myself. Of course this is a big deal. I prayed for this baby every night for months on end. I prayed that the Lord would bless us with a baby. Then when he did I prayed every night that he would bless us with a healthy baby who was strong in body, mind and spirit and I thanked the Lord for blessing us with a baby, when I know so many others are out there still praying for their miracle. Now that Colin is here and happy and healthy, I thank the Lord everyday for giving us such a beautiful little angel and I pray that he watches over him and keeps him happy and healthy.

No comments: