Thursday, January 12, 2012

Left Boob Aversion

Yup, that's right... my kid HATES my left boob.  I think it started after I stopped using the shield several weeks ago, but it was usually only happening at night. It has somehow gradually turned into an all out aversion and not just a nighttime thing. Yesterday was the worst day and he tried to refuse it the entire day! I've tried different holds and that sometimes works. The only time he will take it without a fight is when he is half asleep. So all day today I've been tricking him and it seems to be working. Whenever he is just waking up from a nap, I rush over and pop him on the left side whether it is the left side's turn or not and it has worked like a charm so far.

I think this aversion is what is affecting our bed time routine as well. He eats a lot right before bed, I think getting his tummy full before he falls asleep and we usually go back and forth between sides. Last night and the night before were pretty terrible. He wouldn't even get near the left side before he started screaming! Ryan thought it was kind of amusing because he wouldn't let me bring him an inch to the left side before he'd get all upset. Last night I didn't want to have a repeat of the night before so I let him have the good side and tried the pacifier... which he is not a fan of, but something worked and he fell asleep!

I hope he gets over this aversion soon and my tricking him when he's asleep helps to show him that the left boob isn't an evil being wanting to eat him! :)

No comments: