Thursday, October 27, 2011

A letter to Colin

Dear Colin,

I prayed for you for a long time and loved you even longer. I've always known that I wanted to have kids and when your daddy and I decided we were ready for a baby I thought it would be something that would happen to us right away. When it didn't, I prayed everyday that the Lord would bless us with a baby and I knew he would in his own time.  And low and behold, he did. He blessed us with you and I don't think I've ever been so happy. We feel very lucky that we get to have you as our son. Knowing that we get to be blessed with a baby has made me feel very greatful and I will do my best to treasure every moment with you because I know how lucky I am that you are here with us.  You are a gift, a miracle and absolutely perfect... and I haven't even met you yet. You make our days brighter already. Always know how much we love you and how much we wanted you to be a part of our life long before you were. I pray that you are strong in body, mind and spirit. I hope that we will be able to show you and teach you to have faith, to love unconditionally, and to always follow your dreams.
 
We will always and forever love you and you will always be our baby.

Love, Mommy  <3