Wednesday, October 12, 2011

36 weeks... and ramblings

Really? Did I just type 36 weeks?!  I can't believe I am 36 weeks, in fact I had to double and triple check because I couldn't believe it really was 36 weeks!  It is very unbelievable how close we are to meeting baby Colin and how fast I feel like this pregnancy went!!


I am *almost* 100% ready for him. I finished the nursery, have all of his clothes washed, the bassinet is ready to go and there are diapers and wipes under the changing table!  I also think I am almost done packing for the hospital.  I have a couple outfits for Colin, one outfit for me (I might just live in the hospital gown... lol) and slipper socks and socks for me, a change of clothes for Ryan, even though we are only 2 mins away and he could always run home, but just in case,  I also packed small size toiletries for both of us, our phone charger and snacks. I am also bringing the boppy pillow, my camera and possibly some makeup. I know... why would I need makeup?  Well, I am not going to go all out, just some face stuff and mascara because you know your picture is going to be taken! Lol  If I forget anything I can always send Ryan or my parents home to grab it, we are only 2 minutes away from the hospital!

Yesterday we ran to the big city to buy a breast pump and to return some duplicate gifts we got from our showers and get Ryan's much requested Diaper Genie.  He was very cute yesterday... I was looking at baby clothes (shocking! Like this kid needs anymore clothes, but I wanted to find a cute going home outfit... you know for our 2 minute drive from the hospital... makes perfect sense! Plus, I wanted something for Thanksgiving and Christmas. Found a cute turkey bib, but nothing for xmas... I thought all the little boy xmas outfits looked like old man clothes! lol) and Ryan went and picked out a couple outfits that he liked!  He got an outfit that had a crane on it. (Heavy equipment, not the bird.) He was really excited about it!  :)

I believe we are officially done buying things... or at least the necessity things.  Now just playing the waiting game! :)

Here is my 36 week photo... I look HUGE. Funny how I still feel small and then I see these pictures and I'm like, Dear Lord I am Ginormous!! Ha! :)  Also I feel like I've dropped... When I sit down my belly hits my legs. Don't recall that happening before, so I think it is new!


No comments: