Sunday, September 11, 2011

You know you're in the 3rd trimester when...

I know lots of people do this list, but I thought it'd be fun to do my own version, because lord knows I have one!

You know you are in the third trimester when :

Wherever you go, someone asks you when you are due.

You get up at least once at night to pee... if not more

Sleeping at night requires many position changes to get comfortable many different times throughout the night.... and not very much sleep.

At the end of the day, especially the end of the week all I can think about is going home to either take a nap or put my feet up!

Eating has somehow become a difficulty. I don't know how, but food ends up everywhere. On your belly, on your boobs and down your shirt. I don't know why or how, but 3rd trimester makes you a slob.

Getting in and out of low chairs or even my low car is like an athletic event. Seriously, it is hard to get in my car or even into bed.. not to mention getting out!  I am opting to drive Ryan's big ole truck because I can get in easier, believe it or not!

Walking around and thinking it is awful cold and then looking down and realizing your are leaking! Not something I expected! Lol

Shaving is another athletic event. I am going to have to ask Ryan to help me with this before the delivery... otherwise I will be a woolly mammoth by then!

And forget about cutting my toenails! I am like a couple inches away from reaching them... soo frustrating. The ladies at LA Nails here in town are going to become my best friends before this is over!

Having hot flashes is a common occurrence. I am so thankful for the 70  and 60 degree weather we've been having, but I still have bouts of heat flashes!

Dropping things on the ground makes you debate on whether or not they are important enough to even try to pick up. Luckily I have monkey toes and have been resorting to using them to grab things that have fallen.

Anytime you have a free moment you nest!  That's right. I've been nesting any free chance I get. Today I took the carseat out of the box and learned how to tighten and loosen the straps and take it out off of the base! Lol

And you have a countdown (58 days!) until that big due date... even though most kids aren't even born on their due dates!

Thats all I can think of for now... but I imagine I might add more later!

1 comment:

Abby said...

I am SO excited for your baby shower in a few weeks! I can't wait to see you!!!!!!! I love reading your blog and I read it often... I just never comment, haha. Anyway - love you tons! <3