Monday, August 29, 2011

One of my biggest stressors...



Finding this beautiful boy a good home.

I posted an add about him on craigslist two weeks ago. I had never used craigslist before and was really nervous. The first email I got was from some crazy lady warning me that dog fighters use craigslist to find bait dogs and my add was a good target. Thank you for making this pregnant lady cry you crazy paranoid lady! Lol  Anyway, I actually had several non spam emails interested in our Bodie boy. 

The first was a man who has a 8 year old son and has been wanting to get a dog for his son. He said my description of Bodie was spot on with his son's personality and he wanted to meet up. He wanted me to call him, but I was a chicken, so I emailed him back and he didn't respond for about a week... but he wants to meet up this coming weekend.

While I was waiting for him to email me back another person emailed who made me VERY interested. This lady is a dentist who just moved to NM. Her and her husband are looking for a dog that can keep up with their physical activity levels. She bikes and he runs everyday. To me, they seemed absolutely PERFECT. They were supposed to come see him  weekend before last... but they hadn't gotten approval from their landlord yet. I REALLY had my hopes up that they were Bodie's dream family.  They called the day before we were supposed to meet explaining to me their landlord situation. They were hoping to get it figured out this past week and come meet Bodie this past weekend... but still no luck with their landlord.   I am soo bummed because I thought they would be the best fit. They told me this weekend that as soon as there was a change in their landlord's status of approval they would let me know.... until then... I still have 2 other people interested in Bodie. Another local guy saw a flier I had put up and said he was really interested as well.

What the heck do I do? Ryan thinks it isn't going to work out for the dentist lady. And my Mom tells me that I should give him to the first people who want him. I wish she would understand that I don't just want to give him away... I love him and I want him to live a happy life with a new family.

I talked to Ryan about it this weekend because it is really stressing me out. I would love nothing more than to wait around for these people who seem soo very perfect for him, but I don't want to miss an opportunity with another family. Ryan told me he was pretty positive that it wasn't going to work out with their landlords since it is taking soo long with their approval. We talked about giving them until Wednesday of this week to give me an answer. If I haven't heard from them, then I should move on to the local guy and if he doesn't work out the other family is coming on Saturday.

Sigh... this is such a hard decision for me and I kind of just want it to be over with so I can stop worrying about it.  :(

No comments: