Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Baby Name

I've been getting some questions lately about what our baby's name is.

Yes, it's true... we've come up with a baby name. Truth is, we've had the baby name for a LOOOONG time. We just haven't told anyone. :) 

For the longest time I was set on one name and Ryan wasn't 100% sold on it. He randomly came up with another name one day and said he kind of liked the way it sounded and I actually wasn't opposed to it. Funny thing was, I had a dream about the very name Ryan had come up with very early on in my pregnancy, except it was associated with having twins. Well, no twins... but I did take it as a bit of a sign and the name has grown tremendously on me and I now favor it over my initial first choice.

In the privacy of our home with just the two of us, we've already started calling baby by his name and referring to him by his name. Which is soo neat! :)

So why haven't we told anyone? I don't know. It is kind of nice to have a little secret, plus part of me is a little terrified that someone will say it is a terrible name. :)  I know I shouldn't care what people think of the name, but come on, you know someone will hate it! Lol

Anyway, we've talked about disclosing the name at our baby showers. I thought that would be a neat surprise for our friends and family. Although I am still a bit nervous to let our secret out.. I am pretty sure our friends and family will love to hear the name and for those not at the shower... I am sure there will be pictures!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I for one, CANNOT wait to have the baby shower and to know what the baby's name is!!

Auntie Carla