Friday, July 22, 2011

24 week appointment

Our doctor's apt. was interesting, but overall good.  Like I expected I gained quite a bit of weight since my last apt.! At my 20 week apt. I had gained a total of 6 pounds for the entire pregnancy... I have gained 6 pounds since then!  BUT that only puts me at a total of 12 pounds, which is in the normal range as far weight gain for 24 weeks, so the Dr. wasn't worried. Just told me not to gain 6 pounds every time she sees me! Lol

Baby looks healthy and happy and had a nice strong heartbeat!  BUT according to my ultrasound I have a low lying placenta. The doctor wasn't terribly concerned because she said it was still early and most of the time your placenta will move up as time goes on and you grow. The good news is we get another ultrasound so they can check the placenta!  I was excited about that because it will be nice to see our little man before he comes out and it will be even nicer to verify 110% that he is a boy! :)  IF our next ultrasound shows that the placenta is still too low and hasn't moved then we will probably get one more ultrasound before the baby comes and if it still is in the way, then I will unfortunately have to have a C-section. :( Eeek!  If the placenta is in the way, it will block the cervix and the baby won't be able to come out. So.. fingers crossed it moves and yay for an extra ultrasound! :)




How far along?: 24 weeks



How big is baby?: The length of a corn and a pound and a half!


Weight gain/loss?:  12 pounds


Stretch marks?: None yet... Hope it stays that way! :) The Dr. told me that my skin looked really good today! I was all excited!


Maternity clothes?: Living in my maternity pants for work and dresses when I'm not working! But still mix and matching maternity and non maternity shirts.


Sleep?: I have my good nights and my bad nights... but overall still fairly decent.


Food cravings?: Raspberries and steak. I love fruit. I eat more than I need to everyday! Lol.  Raspberries for breakfast, bananas, peaches, blueberry muffins, cherries... you name it! Mmm....


Gender?: Boy


Movement?:  When 22 weeks hit... I started feeling him like CRAZY. I feel him every morning when I wake up, it is like he is doing flips in my stomach while I am laying there trying to wake up! There are days where I feel him a ton during the day and other days where I don't feel him very much, but it is starting to be more consistent.

Belly button: Still an innie and stretching a little larger than normal.


What are you looking forward to this week?: We get to pick up our crib this weekend and I am going to start some major nesting in the nursery!

No comments: