Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Making Sacrifices for my little Grape

So this might sound a little silly, but today I realized just how much my life is going to change and how I am going to make some specific sacrifices once I become a mother.

I am a soccer coach. It is something that I LOVE doing. I have coached for almost 3 years, 2 teams (15 kids each) every season for 6 seasons. That is a lot of kids! We had our soccer coach meeting yesterday and I realized that I might not be able to coach next season because I will be huge and then I thought about it and I might not be able to coach for a very long while because... I am going to have a kid! Lol I know that sounds funny... but it is the first thing that has made me realize that my life is going to be soo very different.

The other thing that happened yesterday after the meeting was I was told I should be the assistant coach for the high school soccer team. In fact I actually had a parent who is also a coach tell me that I would make a great high school coach because all of the kids respect me. Umm... OMG, I would LOVE more than anything to coach high school soccer. I slept on it and this morning I was like, I wonder if it could work. I love the kids I coach and I know all the kids going into high school this year so I would love nothing more than to see them succeed at high school soccer and get the opportunity to coach them through it... but umm... hello... I am pregnant! Lol Luckily I have coworkers to remind me of this reality.

The truth is, the timing just isnt right. As much as I would love to coach high school it just isn't the right time. Guess I will have to wait until this kid is old enough to play high school soccer before I coach. At least I will only have to wait until this kid is 3 before I coach AYSO kids again! lol

I am really going to try to fully enjoy all of this soccer season because I know this could be my last time coaching for a long time. HOWEVER, I can't wait until my little grape is big enough for me to start teaching it soccer! I hope I am not one of those psycho soccer parents... but it may already be too late! :)

1 comment:

Abby Reed said...

If you WANT to coach while you are pregnant or while baby is a baby - there is no reason you can't! Don't let anyone tell you that you shouldn't.... think about it, a lot of coaches have kids, or were pregnant at one time.... if they can do it, Jackie Wags can do it too!!!! :)