Tuesday, April 5, 2011

9 weeks

Today I am 9 weeks pregnant. My uterus is the size of an orange and baby is an inch long or the size of a green grape. It has fingers and toes already and its organs are all formed! Amazing!

One thing that I thought I would be really good about while pregnant was exercising. I started Zumba this summer and was going several times a week I thought it would be something really fun to do even after I was pregnant. We also bought a treadmill for new years and before I got pregnant I was running every morning and I swore I would still get up and at least walk every morning... neither of which is really happening.

The first couple weeks I found out I was still going to Zumba... I freaking love zumba and have soo much fun there. BUT I don't really care to do Zumba by myself and a lot of my friends that used to go have bailed on me. Also, my boobs have grown and kind of hurt... so jumping around and dancing wasn't always that pleasant, plus I was scared of over heating or over doing it so I just kind of stopped going. Although I have been going through withdrawals! Lol

I still get up and walk on the treadmill, but only about once or twice a week instead of every day. I haven't noticed myself being more tired, but I do find it harder to get up in the morning and most mornings I would rather sleep in 20 extra minutes than walk on the treadmill!

The one way I am still exercising is at work. As a park ranger I have to do some hiking. So I have at least been hiking a couple times a week still. I have heard that you feel kind of amazing during you second trimester, so I am HOPING to be able to walk and exercise more then. I just want to be as healthy as possible for me and for the baby.

On a different subject, we have been waiting to tell most people that we are pregnant and had wanted to wait until our first trimester is over with to announce it to the world. Ryan felt bad because he had missed work to come with me to a few Dr. apts so he told his boss that we were expecting. Well I guess his boss didn't know to keep it a secret and has kind of blabbed it all over the mine. I am a little scared about this mostly because there are some people at the mine that are friends with Ryan's family and I really dont want them to find out and then tell his family before we get a chance to. BUT I still don't want to tell them until our first trimester is over! Lol... Oh what to do!

No comments: