Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Well that was interesting....

Today was my first OB apt. I have been waiting for this apt. for what seems like FOREVER... but really it has only 3 weeks! I was soo anxious about it, it was ridiculous! I woke up this morning at 5 to pee (I usually wake up every morning at 4 to pee, but I guess I slept in an hour this morning)and I realized that I had my apt. this morning and then could not go back to sleep... oooh the anxiety!

Ryan and I got there for our 9:20 apt. and checked in. They then tell us that the Dr. just called and is doing an emergency c-section and won't be back for at least an hour. So we decided to go to breakfast and then come back. We come back, check in again, they call me back give us a room and we wait like 30 minutes. They come back and tell us she is going to be another hour late. Ugh... Cue the tears... I was soo frustrated. I had waited 3 looong weeks for this apt. and it just wasn't happening! Lol I know, I am lame. Her office was very nice and felt bad for us and the fact that Ryan essentially had to take the entire day off of work just for this apt. They told us to come back after lunch and they would try to squeeze us in and they did... thankfully!

My Dr. is soo funny. She has seen me twice now and she recognized my name, but it didn't click to her who I was until she saw my face. She walked into the room said Hi, looked at my chart and then looked back up and said, "Really? You are pregnant?! Oh My Gosh!" Lol. I then thanked her for convincing me to start temping because I am pretty sure that is what did it for us.

After getting some basic information from us she based my due date on my last cycle, instead of my ovulation date. Her estimates were that I was 9 weeks along... even though my estimates from my ovulation date have me at 7 weeks. She brought out her doppler to try and hear the heartbeat which she said she can usually pick up around 9 weeks. She didn't hear anything. I wasn't too upset because I knew I wasn't 9 weeks along. She I think really wanted to have a look-see so she brought in her old and pretty crappy ultrasound machine. She found my uterus and the sac and I think she found the baby... but the picture wasn't clear and was very grainy. She was having a hard time seeing it... so as you can imagine so were we. I started laughing at one point cause Ryan was like, is the baby to the left or the right or in the middle? And FYI, when you laugh as you are getting an abdominal ultrasound, it doesn't really work! Lol

Anyway she is sending me for a REAL ultrasound tomorrow at the hospital. I am hoping it will go better than todays and it will help ease my fears a bit! And I also secretly hope they will send me home with a beautiful picture. :)

No comments: