Thursday, April 3, 2014

Paleo no more?

So Ryan's 8 week paleo challenge is up in a week! I on the other hand maybe oficially not paleo anymore! Don't hate!  Ha ha! I made it 7 weeks, when my initial goal was only a month!  Actually Wednesday was my bad day. I had a bowl of cereal (with almond milk) for breakfast, went on a play date and the mom I met had cookies so I had one and then for lunch I ate a bite of cheese from Colin's plate! Oh man! Living on the edge!  
But Seriously once I finish my paleo muffins I think I will go back to non paleo breakfast. That is the one meal that was KILLING me! I just really don't like eggs.. like at all!  I tried! I can do them like 2 days a week... max. Then I'm ready to throw up! Like totally gross!  I even tried putting/hiding them in my smoothies but now the thought alone freaks me out. I've been surviving on paleo pumpkin muffins and turkey bacon for breakfast most mornings until this past week when I discovered chia pudding.  But I can't eat chia pudding for breakfast everyday... Or can I?  I do miss my granola and I was making it myself so it isn't even THAT bad! :) 

 I picked up a lot of healthy snacks, habits and meals from doing paleo and those I will definitely continue!  I want to do a blog with all my favorite paleo recipes in my spare time...

But I would like to add back in healthy carbs to mine and Colin's diet! Like oats, brown rice and quinoa (I've missed them all!) And Colin used to love eating quinoa with black beans. So a little beans too! My hubby may try to stick with paleo a bit longer, which is fine! Mine will just have to be a bit modified and Colin's too because the boy doesn't enjoy steaks, burgers or fish and I'm having a hard time finding foods he will eat! 

Ryan did really well on this diet and crossfit exercising! He has lost I think 12 lbs so far! I can tell he looks thinner and more toned! I really don't feel that much different but definitely feel more toned! Would have helped if I had exercised more, I'm sure! 

Here are my official before and afters! 


My side view seems the same or worse to me so I'm not posting it! Lol  And there you have it! Can't believe I posted that for the internets! Yikes!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Jackie,

You look fantastic! The goal is to eat healthy, for the long-term. Go with something that works with you. Keep up the good work!

~Patrick