Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Favorite Paleo snacks

So now that our paleo challenge is over, I thought I'd share some of our favorite recipes.

I have been slowly adding a few things back in my diet and for the most part I have been ok. I think my body likes dairy better than it does wheat.

We are doing more of an 80/20 paleo to suit our family's needs. I love oats and since I'm still nursing I figure it is important.  I found gluten free oats to make my granola with. I've added some precious cheese back into my diet as well. :)  And occasionally some greek yogurt! But everything else has still been paleo.

I made Colin a whole wheat tortilla pizza last week and I had a slice of it. I was sick the rest of the night after I ate it... so I think I have an issue with wheat. When I got allergy tested about 6 years ago I had a sensitivity to it, but didn't think anything of it. And now that it was eliminated from my diet, it came back.

Here are some of my favorite paleo recipes!

This beef and broccoli stir fry... OMG... so good!
http://ameliaandme.com/beef-and-broccoli-stir-fry/

And to satisfy my sweet cravings :

http://ameliaandme.com/ch-ch-ch-chocolate-chia-pudding/

http://ameliaandme.com/green-smoothies/


I also made Lara Balls... basically, nuts, dates and either cherries or extra dark chocolate in my food processor.  No recipe because I just threw them in! Lol

Another favorite is cauliflower rice! Soo good!

These were our favorites that I will continue to use in our diet!







No comments: