Thursday, March 6, 2014

What are you giving up for lent?

Me, nothing! Just kidding... Kind of! I mean we are already doing the paleo challenge during the Lenten season, so... I'm not really sure how much more I can give up without withering away! 

So I came up with another idea. Instead of giving something up, I am going to give to others.  

I came up with the idea while at the grocery store on Tuesday. I was driving away and watched this little old lady struggling with her groceries and thought to myself someone should help her! (As I was driving away of course) She inspired me and I decided that I would do random acts of kindness for lent.  

Now I'm not sure I can do 40... But I am more about quality not quantity! I will try to do 40, but for me it will be more of doing small things, even if it is just a simple smile and hello to a stranger. 

Today was my first day of this and I started strong. We were meeting a friend for a playdate so I bought her a Starbucks drink, and I bought the lady behind me in line's order at the drive up before we met up. I also struck up a conversation with the sweet lady out cleaning the park we met at, which normally I wouldn't have. (I have weird stranger issues) 

I told my friend about my plan and she wants to help me. We talked about taking the kids to a senior center and/or having them make pictures to bring, stopping by the hospital with baked goods or flowers for the nurses, and stopping by a fire station with baked goods (with the side intention of possibly giving our boys a look at an engine!) 

I have a few new neighbors I've yet to meet so I plan on welcoming them to the neighborhood and I saw on Pinterest leaving quarters in the toy dispensers and thought that was a fun one!   

What other fun/thoughtful things can I or should I look into, any ideas??

No comments: