Thursday, February 27, 2014

Paleo day 10

So We've been at the paleo diet for 10 days!! 

I honestly don't feel a damn bit of difference, but Ryan swears he feels more energized. (Although my problem could be the fact that I am also getting more sleep than usual and feeling more refreshed from both) I am not really losing weight, but also haven't been working out as much as I'd like with Ryan's crazy work schedule and my psycho schedule! But that is getting better. 

Colin was the first one of us to cave... 

Yesterday after his nap he went into the pantry, took out a bag of chips and sat on the couch munching them.  He has/had a chip obsession like his dad! I bought sweet potato unsalted chips in case Ryan needed something occasionally, but had these laying around from when we had company over the other night. 

The hardest part is probably being a mom. Colin doesn't have eggs every morning (nor do I) so it is hard not to lick his spoon of yogurt or oatmeal or just have a little spoonful myself!  

And I crave sweets! Last week wasn't so hard i would just eat a grape or something sweet like fruit or nuts, but this week I want like an entire bin of ice cream! Ha ha!  

We did cheat one day... Kind of.  We had sushi. With rice, gasp! And soy sauce, gasp!  And we had company over and I made brownies.... Gluten free and made with coconut oil instead of butter... But still brownies filled with sugar. We were living on the edge that day! (They were also soo so good!)

I am not being super strict with this diet... Like minimizing my fruit and eating veggies with every meal! I love fruit way more than sugar and bread (not cheese)... So I will not deprive myself of that. And if the worst thing I do is eat too many fruits then I still feel like I am in pretty good shape! 


My favorite snack! Kale smoothie! Mmm... 


My goal was 30 days on this diet so I have 20 to go! ;) 


No comments: