Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Happy Birthday to my Hubby!!

Yesterday was my hubby's birthday!!  He had to work, but had training so he got off early. We met him for lunch and then he went to his favorite place: the shooting range!  Colin and I had made his favorite dinner and dessert, Lasagna and Cheesecake! Not the healthiest, but boy was it yummy!!!

I hate shopping for Ryan. He is the hardest person to buy for because when he thinks he needs or wants something, he will just get it.  I had no clue what to get him for his birthday. I thought of everything and came up with nothing.  Then one afternoon last week I had an idea. He has talked about going buffalo hunting for a long time, but it is rather expensive. We love buffalo meat so much more than beef and it is healthier for you, but it has gotten rather pricey in the store. I did some online research and found a place that sold buffalo meat. They seemed very legit, no antibiotics, grass fed buffalo.  They even had a facebook page with people vouching for them and their product.  They were having some sales and specials so I ended up buying quite a few pounds (30 to be exact) of buffalo for his birthday. It was delivered today and I was very impressed that it was still frozen and wasn't even overnight-ed! So cool (literally)! It was still a bit pricey, but cheaper than buying it in the store and I know we will be eating off of it for a very long time!

Now to meal plan around buffalo meat! Mmmm... can't wait!  







No comments: