Wednesday, August 21, 2013

No spend Augustish

We are doing another no spend month! We did really well in June and saved quite a bit of money when we did a no spend month. July was a terrible month for us. We made quite a few trips back and forth from Albuquerque and between that, hotels, eating out and having Ryan's sisters here (teenagers eat A LOT) we blew our budget. It was not pretty.  Taking into account we have 2 mortgages and sets of bills we really need to stay on track.

I actually find it quite the challenge staying on budget and enjoy doing it... minus the no shopping part of it!  Grocery shopping is my favorite part. I have a budget of 100 and my goal is to stay under that every week. I meal plan and figure out exactly what we will eat every day of the week and buy ONLY that. I have got it down to a science and know almost exactly what I'll spend. Last week I did so well we only spent $75 and this week I hit $100 almost exactly... if I hadn't thrown in that package of blackberries... I knew it throw us over! Lol   But Colin loves them, so its ok!

The hardest part of this month is that we had two birthdays. My mom's was last week and Ryan's was this week!  So we had to get presents. BUT My hubby's present is edible and we can eat off it for awhile (next post) so I feel it was worth the money!

We need to sell our darn house so we don't have to do no spend months, but until them we will probably do them often. It isn't to hard, just not fun. No ice creams, froyos, starbucks, very limited eating out, no unnecessary clothes or anything like that.  We want to make money in a month and not lose it and that seems to be the way, that works for us... for now. Just until we sell our other house... Prayers for a sale soon!!

No comments: