Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Whirlwind

This has been quite a whirlwind of a week or two. We found out last week that my husbands great grandma passed away. We spent the next few days trying to figure out the family's travel arrangements. 

I drove to Albuquerque on Monday, spent the night at my uncles house and then picked up all my inlaws at the airport Tuesday morning. We drove all the way back to our house and spent a few days here and then drove 4 hours south to the town that the funeral was and today we drove back. That is 14 hours of driving in 6 days! 

It was wonderful to see all my hubby's family and celebrate his great grandmas life! She was a wonderful woman who I feel blessed to have known. It had been about 10 years since their family had all reunited and I was just dating Ryan then, but was there for their last reunion! 

All that being said we are exhausted! Colin's sleep has been rather crazy as well! One night he was so over stimulated after meeting a bunch of family he didn't get to bed until midnight! I am very much looking forward to our normal routines!

Will try to get to a daddy's day post tomorrow! Maybe.... :)

No comments: