Friday, June 21, 2013

Clingasaurous Colin

Colin has turned into a clingy monster. He was always really close to me, but it has gotten much worse since we moved and I stay home with him 24/7.

I've only been away from him twice since we moved her... Maybe 3 times. And he used to handle it well, now not so much. The other morning I wanted to go for a run without the jogging stroller...so I had Ryan watch him. He literally screamed the entire time I was gone and when I walked through the door he gave me a big hug and didn't let go for about 30 minutes. Sweet, but Daddy didn't think so!

When we were visiting our family last weekend we went out for a little date and  and he was distracted, but very sad the whole time.

I really hope this is just a clingy phase, but I fear I am ruining him forever! I am not ready for him to do daycare or anything, I am thinking maybe a half day or two after he turns 2 and mostly for socialization.  

What do you all think? 

Are your kids clingy or do they go through clingy stages?

In our old town, not only did I work, but I had the next door neighbors babysit a couple times a month so I could exercise.  He loved it and had fun playing while I got my breaks and here in our new place we don't have that.   We still don't know very many people and I haven't met anyone who would be a good sitter yet. I mean I'd trust our neighbors and some friends I've made, but they have their own kids and hands full and I would feel bad asking, unless it was an emergency.

I've heard they go through clingy stages around 18 months, so I'm hoping that is it. And I know the fact that we are still nursing is probably a major factor in this. I just hope he isn't totally clingy his whole life... Then again when I see how scary the world is sometimes I think I will be ok if he never wants to leave my side!  ;)

Here is a phone dump of me and my shadow!








1 comment:

Marcie Chavez said...

Natalie is going through the same thing, so I think it's an age-related phase. It's frustrating for sure! She is starting daycare for two half-days in August to hopefully help with this. She is also starting the tantrum phase. I have no patience for it, which usually results in firm words and swats for her and a glass of wine for me :-( gotta love the terrible twos they are approaching!