Thursday, June 6, 2013

No spend June

Well, Ryan and I did a looksee over our budget for the first time since moving and it wasn't too pretty. Basically we went from two salaries and one mortgage to one salary and two mortgages. I think we didn't notice it right away because we got Ryan's sign on bonus and such, so we were doing ok. I am glad we took a look because we really need to cut back until we sell our house in our old town. (Prayers someone falls in loves with it soon!)

So basically we are trying to spend as little money as possible in June, just to see how we can do. I am trying not to buy anything I don't necessarily need. No shopping... Although I had to buy Father's Day presents... So yeah already failed at that! Lol I did go shopping at target the other day for a friend here that just had a baby... But I had a gift card! Soo... I didn't spend anything! Typically we only eat out maybe one night a week, but I am going to try to cook every single meal so we don't have to. And as far as groceries .... I am going to attempt to spend less than 100 bucks a week. I only spent 60 bucks at the store this week and I bought dog food... I thought that was rather impressive.... And I have enough food to last well over a week!

The thing that may screw up my grocery budget is we are having company next week. My in laws and brother in law are coming for a few days so I will have to cook for double the people! I think I can do it though! We are also heading out of town for my husbands great grandmas funeral. Most of the food should be taken care of, but we may have to eat out a few meals there.

I have to say all this money talk makes me feel pretty guilty about not working! I know we would have other expenses if I did work like childcare to account for, but it makes me feel bad to not be able to contribute. I know once we sell our house this will not be an issue, I just wish we could sell it already! Maybe someone will buy one of my prints at the gallery and we can have free groceries for a few months! Lol I have had zero luck trying to get other newspapers across the state to pick up my articles, so I definitely don't think that will be a money maker for me, just something to do for fun, really and to keep my skills up.

Anyway, any advice on not spending or cheap healthy meals would be greatly appreciated!

No comments: