Friday, March 29, 2013

Hiking fun!

My brother in law visited us for a week during his spring break and I took advantage of his trip as a way to finally do some hiking and exploring in our new area!

There are some interesting, vast landscapes nearby. Old river beds and ocean floors that are now dried up into crazy sandstone formations. It is cool stuff and makes you feel like you are walking around on another planet!

This was the first time I had taken Colin out hiking, where he was also hiking. The first trip he was a wild man an just ran and ran. The second one he was much more subdued, but we also had our dog and my broth in laws dog with us, so I think he was More distracted. He hiked a lot and probably hiked over a mile yesterday on one of our excursions.... No he didn't sleep through the night with all that activity... I was hoping! Lol. But we had a blast and I love that my kid likes being outdoors as much as his ex-park ranger mom does!















No comments: