Friday, January 25, 2013

No more work...

Today was my last day of work and I must admit it was quite bittersweet.

I seriously work for the best agency ever, I am so spoiled and truly loved my job and (most of) the people I worked with.

Over the past two days I have been showered by gifts, cards, hugs and kind words by almost everyone I have ever worked with. It really doesn't get any better than that... T know that you will be missed and were loved and appreciated. It is something that is sure hard to walk away from. But at the same time... Change is good and something we all need and I am excited for my new adventure.

Someone asked me today if I was sad and I quickly said, No! But I have been thinking of that all day. No, I am not sad yet, because I am excited about our new adventure, but I know I will be sad.... It just hasn't me yet. I will be sad in a few weeks, I am sure... When I am all alone and pulling my hair out chasing after a toddler... I am sure I will miss it... But then he will smile or give me a big wet kiss and he will help lessen my sadness. That is what kids are good for, always to help lighten the mood. I am confident I am doing the right thing. I know it may not always be easy, but what in life worth caring about is?

So onward and upward. I will not cry because I am happy and smiling that it happened and I had an excellent ride!

No comments: