Monday, January 28, 2013

Night weaning...

Last week we had a rough couple nights of sleep. Literally the same day that Colin only asked to nurse twice during the day... Twice, he just never asked for it.... He was up every single hour nursing that night! The next day we were up every hour as well. I was just tired of not sleeping and so I decided I would try night weaning.

I initially was going to start on Colin's sleep after we moved, but with both Ryan and I having this week off, I figured what better time to start.... Rather than like Ryan's first week of work.... having him hear Colin crying all night or something.

I started Friday night and every time Colin woke up and asked for milk I told him the milks were sleeping and he had to wait until the morning. That first night he woke up 6 times asking for milk. He would only cry for maybe a minute before going back to sleep and I just slept with him on the spare bed in his nursery. The next night he woke up 4 times and then last night 2 times. Last night when I told him the milks were sleeping he didn't even fuss and just went right back to sleep!

Here is hoping this is a good start to sleeping longer than a few hours at a time!

No comments: