Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Sick little boy

Yesterday was Ryan's birthday.

I had grand plans for an awesome dinner. I made homemade cheesecake, pico de gallo, gaucamole and pasta and meatballs. I cooked most of the day. Ryan's brother was in town so they went out shooting while I finished up dinner. I had the pasta in the oven, the sauce and meatballs on the stove and I was setting the table with the pico and gauc and chips, while Colin was playing with balls from the pool table. He was sitting down playing with several balls when he looked up at me and then just threw up everywhere. I ran to him and picked him up and cleaned up, changed his clothes and then he threw up again.

Rinse and repeat like 10 more times. I was a wreck! He's never been sick before. I know that it is the first of many sicknesses, but it was so scary the way he kept throwing up. I had this fear that maybe he had swallowed something he shouldn't have and it was stuck and he couldn't get it out... but he got everything else out!!

I had Ryan stop by the store and get Pedialyte on his way home... Colin HATED the pedialyte at first. I was worried about him being dehydrated so I nursed him... and 2 minute later it ALL came up. I'm not going to lie, I was very super close to taking him into the hospital. Luckily he passed out around 9 after about 3 hours of being sick. When he woke up at 1, he chugged the pedialyte like it was nobody's business. I was worried he'd drink too much to fast so I kept having to take it away from him. Thankfully he hasn't thrown up since 9 last night and I've slowly started letting him nurse more and more today. Hopefully it was just a nasty stomach bug and that was the end of the throwing up.

I also managed not to ruin dinner, but none of us were in a mood for celebrating because we were all worried about poor little Colin. This morning, Ryan took off a couple hours from work and we all had cheesecake for breakfast and sang happy birthday while Colin helped open all of Daddy's card and presents!

Poor Ryan, his first birthday as a daddy... and he got covered in throw up! Lol :) Welcome to parenthood!

No comments: