Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Exercise... or lack there of...

I wish I could exercise.

I feel good about how far I've come since having the baby. I've lost more than what I was at before I had him... BUT my tummy is still big and flabby, in my opinion... much more than before I had him and I want it gone!

I was doing really good at exercising before I came back to work, then I came back to work and that took a toll. I got back into it and was going to Zumba like 2 days a week (for me 2 days a week is good! Ha!) Then our sitter went on vacation and our family came into town to babysit. Instead of exercising I hung out with the family... I couldn't dare come home and say thanks for watching my kid all day, can I go change and you watch him for another hour while I go exercise too? I just couldn't do it.  So I stopped for like 3 weeks. And I just tried going back again.  Last week I went once....  And this week I doubt I'll be able to go at all because I rely on Ryan to watch him so I can go.

Ryan started a big work project and yesterday worked 13 hours. No way in heck I can get to exercise this week with that schedule! Soo... I've been trying to find a babysitter to watch Colin for 1 hour one or 2 days a week after I get off work so I can go to zumba. And I've not been successful.  This one little girl that I used to coach in soccer and I coached with her dad, kept pestering me to babysit when I first had Colin. She immediatley came to mind.. BUT she's been busy with soccer and basketball camps and has been out of town and I can't get ahold of her. I tried asking the neighbors several times and they are also busy chasing their 3 kids around that it hasn't worked out either.

Sigh... somedays I wish we had family here.... or our gyms had a daycare center... or I had a jogging stroller!  Lol  

I miss the days when I could throw Colin in his bouncer and hop on the treadmill and he wouldn't move and just stare at me or out the window. Not so much anymore. Needless to say I do Zumba moves for 2 minutes while I wait for my oatmeal to come out of the microwave in the morning and this morning  I did situps too!  Now if only my mom hadn't given me chocolate zucchini bread that was soo very delicious that I've practically ate all of it already!!! At least there are some green things mixed into it... so can't be that bad for me, right??!?

1 comment:

Marcie Chavez said...

I am in the same boat...so hard to exercise when our hubbies work long hours. I was taking the girls in the stroller, but the mosquitos got so bad we had to quit. Maybe we can do a swap & u bring colin over, then workout, then I will go workout & u watch the kids :-)