Saturday, July 7, 2012

Durango/ My bday

So being Ryan and I both had off a couple days for the 4th of July holiday... and it was around my  bday, we decided we'd take a little family trip. We discovered that Durango, Co was only 3 1/2 hours from us... and we'd never been there before so we thought it would be a perfect little getaway!

We spent the first night in Durango and then went out to Vallecito lake. We had a cabin on the lake, with a beautiful view. We rented a boat one day and we explored the lake and relaxed. The best part was we didn't have cell service.. so no texts, calls or facebook for a couple days! (Talk about withdrawals..... I mean wonderful! lol)

Then we returned to Durango for another day and a half where I got pampered. :)  Ryan sent me on my first massage ever (glorious! Fastest 90 minutes of my life!) and when I returned to the hotel, I had bday cards, presents and flowers waiting for me and reservations to a fancy restaurant, followed by Coldstone ice cream.... can you say spoiled!! We got up early and watched the train leave two mornings, which Colin really enjoyed! I think he was too little to appreciate a whole day's train ride, so we'll save that for when he gets older, but he did enjoy watching the train come and go!

Needless to say we had a great time!  We came back on July 4th and I went to work on my bday (lame)! But I got spoiled by my work friends, got flowers delivered and my parents came up and we all went out to dinner at my favorite restaurant here.  I was a little bummed because of a lot of both Ryan and my family forgot my bday. But I've gotten over it... kinda.... and instead was thankful for all the people that did remember! :) And how blessed I was to spend my first bday with Colin... best thing ever! I would be happy with no bday presents ever again, knowing I get to have him in my life. I just love that sweet wild boy!  And I can't believe I am 27...  that feels soo old... so close to 30! Lol

Here are some of my favorite vacation pictures:








2 comments:

Dawn said...

I guess I'm ancient then!
I'm glad you had a great time.

Christene @ MommaBird said...

HI! Found your blog from a comment you left on Southern Belle and noticed that you live in Colorado. Me too! {and from reading this post, we are a year apart in age}

That's awesome, I never find other bloggers in my area. Where do you live? I live 15 minutes outside of Boulder.