Friday, May 18, 2012

Birth Group

Before I got pregnant I joined this site called Preconception Community. It was an Internet support group for ladies trying to conceive. It was very supportive, while we were TTC and helped me get through the months before we got pregnant. 

Once you got pregnant you move out of that group and join your birth club. Which is the month you are due. I joined the November birth club on Pregnancy Weekly and most of us migrated from the pregnancy weekly community page to our own private facebook group.... a big group of ladies all due the same month.

They were the best support group during my pregnancy.  All of us going through the same things at the same time. Some first time moms, some not. And there were lots of "Is this normal?" questions as we made our way through 9 months of pregnancy.

Now that we all have babies we share pictures of our little ones. Their first milestones like rolling, crawling, laughing. We've become kind of like a little internet family of mommas and babies!

When we found out we were going to SC I thought I would meet up with some of them! I knew there were a couple of the other November Mommas who lived in the area that we were visiting so planned a meetup.

Yes, that's right. I met Internet strangers in person. I think some of my family thought I was nuts. But I feel like I know these ladies. They are all wonderful bunch of caring, supporting and loving women, that I had no reservations in meeting them and hope to meet more November birth club mommies in the future!! :)

Here are some pictures of the ladies and babies!





1 comment:

ashleynm1234 said...

<3 It was so great to meet you too :)